TechSpot

Monitor hibernates after restart

By pwykersotz
Sep 23, 2005
  1. The subject says it all, the monitor recieves no signal from the computer upon a reboot of any type (forced, soft, etc). Even shutting down completely and turning the system back on doesn't work. In order to get signal back, I must shut down the system, remove the power cord, then plug it back in and turn it on.

So far I have tried resetting the CMOS, switching monitors, switching power supplies, installing new video drivers, and configuring Windows Power Management settings, all with no success.

I have a Shuttle SN41G2 system with a 1.4GHz Athlon proc, 1 GB of pc3300 DDR Mushkin RAM, a Liteon Combo drive, and a 250 GB Western Digital hard drive. I am running Windows 2000 Pro as my OS.

It should also be noted that I have had this exact model of Shuttle before and had no problems, and that this is a new one that just came in. I am looking for a fix so that I don't have to shell out anything to return it.

Any ideas? Anyone?

2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

souinds like a more serious problem with your mobo. you're using integrated video, right? can it still be replaced under the warranty?

3. pkroks

pkroks TS Rookie Posts: 376

probably a faulty graphics chip. if it is onboard graphics then get the motherboard replaced or check it out.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.