Monitor is black and the power button on the monitor is blinking

I need some help. I have acomputer monitor that is roughly 10 years old. THe monitor last night decided to suddenly turn off and the power button started blinking. I unplugged the power to the monitor and let it sit overnight. This morning I went and plugged the power back into the monitor and pressed the power button on it. When I pressed the power button the button started blinking again. I have never had a monitor die like this and I would like to know why it died and if it can be fixed. Some more info is that i had only been on the computer for less than 2 hours. I have not spilled anything on the computer, the vent is completely uncovered, and the computer is in good working conditions according to the mannual. I need to know asap please. The tower still works perfectly fine it is only the monitor.

If you could try the monitor on another PC, that would confirm the monitor is faulty. In any case if the monitor is bad and considering its age, it would be best to just replace it. It would not be worth fixing.

Re: repair... I agree with mailpup...
years ago, I did have a monitor repaired,
and the repair cost more then than most 21"-23" flat-screens cost today.
A 10-year old monitor in good working condition today would probably only be worth $25 or so to the right buyer.

Back