Monitor issue

I have a Dell 19" monitor connected to my compaq tower. The video card went out, so I installed a new pci card. The Monitor the gave me a 2" wide backgroung on the left side of the screen, and the rest of the screen was white. I Moved the cursor of the mouse over it, and was able to drag the background bigger (which I have never seen before). I can get the background up to about 1" away from the right side of the monitor, then it stops. I've been trying to fix this for the last 3 days. anny suggestions?

Everything works fine, windows, icons, start up etc...

try the monitor on another system. if you still have issues, the problem is your video card or motherboard. Even if you replaced the card, your system may still have something wrong. I would also try a new video cable.

you know... i swapped monitors. the problem didn't follow the monitor. i installed the new pci card. same thing. i can't believe that i didn't try a different cable. the easiest thing to try, and i didn't do it. that's where "two heads are better than one" comes to play. i never would have imagined it would have been something as easy as the vga cable. thank you

You have already, of course, done the following:
1. Uninstalled the drivers for the old graphics card (Control Panel).
2. Installed the latest ones for the new graphics card.
3. Set the screen to the appropriate resolution (Right click on desktop and look for Properties.)

Back