Monitor issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here is my problem sometimes when I turn on my pc my montior will not turn on. The light will blink indicating it has power but screen is black. And other times it works fine. I have noticed that if I turn my montior off before turning on my computer that helps sometimes. And other times when i am away from my pc like when I run a virus scan the monitor will turn off and i would have to restart in order to fix it. Please help.

Sounds like another case of a dying inverter board. When the power LED blinks like that it can suggest that the inverter board inside the screen is either overheating or not functioning properly. Something similar happened with my last monitor, which finally bit the dust after I couldn't get any video out of it at all. Just for kicks though... are you using any custom power schemes or hibernation with your system?

Ok I went to my neighborhood micro center and followed some advice with the buy there. I changed the VGA cable, no dice. I used my motherboard video card instead of my separate one, still no dice. So by process of elimination It's got to be the monitor. Does this make sense to you? Also getting my hands on another monitor without buying a new one is harder then it seems.

"Also getting my hands on another monitor without buying a new one is harder then it seems"...

You don't have a friend or co-worker that you can borrow a monitor from? I do think it is the monitor

Well I remember in one of my old monitors, I had the same problem, all i did was open the Monitor back panel, took out the fuse (hard to find) and put a new fuse in and it worked!

I had a similar problem with an LCD monitor. Since they all seem to plug in in the back facing upwards, the power cord (which doesn't have a locking mechanism like the video cord) can work loose and slip down. The video cord can slip down too if you do not use the screw-on holders. You can also try shutting down, pulling and replacing the video card to reposition its gold fingers and clean then a little at the same time. Just unplugging and plugging back in often is enough to clean the contacts for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back