Monitor lost after startup

I've searched around a bit and couldn't find anything that worked to fix my issue.

For some context - I used my computer yesterday evening with no issues. I let my computer go into sleep mode when I'm not using it. I tried to use my computer this morning but it seemed the computer wouldn't leave sleep mode. I did a force reset by holding the power button down and restarted. When I did that, I was able to see the boot-up screen and had it load into Windows (Windows 7). After about 5 seconds, the screen lost connection and it didn't recognize anything was connected. Every time I start up my computer, I would get about 3-7 into loading while seeing the desktop before it cut out and lost connection to the monitor. However, I can successfully use my computer in safe mode without ever losing connection to the monitor.

For some specific specs: I'm using HDMI with a GeForce GTX 970 card.

I tried the following steps:
1. Restart in safe mode to uninstall the video card, then have Windows reinstall it.
2. Restart in safe mode with networking, manually download the latest drivers and install.
2.5. Restart in safe mode with networking, manually download the previous two drivers and install.
3. Did a complete (and successful) system restore from a day back and two days back (to two different points in time when I can confirm the monitor connection worked properly).
4. Cleaned out the inside of the computer. Unplugged and took out the video card. Reinserted it. Took out the RAM, reinserted it.

Any suggestions?

I'm currently at work and I was going to try two other things when I get home:
1. Change the connection to a different monitor
2. Install an old graphics card to see if it responds differently

Thank you!

Back