TechSpot

Monitor not displaying anything

By CrashCourse
Nov 17, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Ok, so anout 2 weeks ago i was playing a game on my computer and accidentally knocked it over. It was on the ground and i hit it and it fell flat on its side. So i figured nothing went wrong, picked it up and started it, fans were doing a strange pattern, faster and then slower, continuously without stopping. And then my monitor went from the green light to the amber/orange light.

A day or two later, i switched out my video card and hard drive with another computer, and they worked. Then i switched my power supply and anything else i had and they worked. However, when i switch either the CPU, or the mother board from the computer i knocked over with another one its didnt work, but when i put another mother board, and CPU it still didnt work?!?!?! And the monitor and all the cables work cause i switched those to. SO im a little frustrated, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Crash

2. kwspony

kwspony TS Enthusiast Posts: 159

it is possible that when it fell over the motherboard flexed enough to touch the case. It may have shorted out the motherboard.

3. CrashCourse

CrashCourse TS Rookie Topic Starter

Interesting

Ya, i was getting to that conclusion, would there be any other possibilities for why it doesn't work??

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.