Monitor not receiving a signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a computer the other day and I plugged in the monitor to find a little screen that said "No Signal". I don't have an OS installed on it yet and was expecting to see a BIOS screen. I'm using an Acer monitor, an Athlon II 2.8Ghz processor, ECS A780GM-A Ultra MOBO, 2GB ram, 450 Watt PSU, and an old ATA cable HDD . I have plugged the monitor into other computers, and it works great. I've tried hooking the computer to other monitors, and hooked an SATA HDD with no success. I don't have any optical drives hooked up yet. Can someone tell me how to fix this.

Reset the bios. This may be a video card issue as well. Borrow a PIC-e Video card from someone and try using it, see if the monitor turns on.

Reset the bios. This may be a video card issue as well. Borrow a PIC-e Video card from someone and try using it, see if the monitor turns on.
I thought it might have something to do with the video card, this board has a VGA and an HDMI port on it so I ordered an HDMI to DVI cord to see if that will work. I'll have try the video card switch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back