Monitor not responding to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there (sorry if this isn't the right place to post something like this)

My monitor stopped responding to my computer a few days ago, now I know it is not any of my components that are the problem or that it is the monitor that is the problem as I have tested them all on different systems. I've tried booting with just the CPU, heatsink, graphics card and PSU and 1 stick of RAM in a slot (I have tried each of my memory sticks in all of my RAM slots) but to no avail, I have also tried to reset the CMOS but that did not work either, and also tried to disperse the internal voltage a few times and still nothing. I'm really stumped as to what the problem could be and would love it if someone helped me.

I do not have a case speaker or a speaker on the motherboard so I am unable to identify beeps.

system specs:
ASUS m2n-e sli mobo
AMD athlon x2 3800
2GB DDR2-667 memory
nvidia 8600GT
500W PSU
160GB hard drive.

Once again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try temporarily disconnecting the CPU Fan: (as a test only)

2ivo85s.gif

You may also need to re-seat the CPU, info howto here: http://dlsvr.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM2/M2N-E/e2630_m2n-e_manual.pdf

I think it may just be a faulty Power Supply, that needs replacing though

Thanks for the help, i've already re-assembled once but will give it another try later, is there any way I can isolate if it is the PSU or motherboard causing the problems.

Infact I have had problems over the past few weeks where the PSU was stuttering and there was a case of my having to actually push the wires back into the PSU, so it might infact be the PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back