1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Monitor not responding to computer

By jamie141999 ยท 4 replies
Dec 12, 2009
  1. Hi there (sorry if this isn't the right place to post something like this)

My monitor stopped responding to my computer a few days ago, now I know it is not any of my components that are the problem or that it is the monitor that is the problem as I have tested them all on different systems. I've tried booting with just the CPU, heatsink, graphics card and PSU and 1 stick of RAM in a slot (I have tried each of my memory sticks in all of my RAM slots) but to no avail, I have also tried to reset the CMOS but that did not work either, and also tried to disperse the internal voltage a few times and still nothing. I'm really stumped as to what the problem could be and would love it if someone helped me.

I do not have a case speaker or a speaker on the motherboard so I am unable to identify beeps.

system specs:
    ASUS m2n-e sli mobo
    AMD athlon x2 3800
    2GB DDR2-667 memory
    nvidia 8600GT
    500W PSU
    160GB hard drive.

Once again any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

3. jamie141999

jamie141999 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the help, i've already re-assembled once but will give it another try later, is there any way I can isolate if it is the PSU or motherboard causing the problems.

Infact I have had problems over the past few weeks where the PSU was stuttering and there was a case of my having to actually push the wires back into the PSU, so it might infact be the PSU

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

I'm thinking PSU :rolleyes: Please test with another (being the best and easiest way to test this ;))

5. jamie141999

jamie141999 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I think I will test tomorrow morning as it is getting quite late here! I'll make sure to report back

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.