TechSpot

Monitor not responding to computer

By jamie141999
Dec 12, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi there (sorry if this isn't the right place to post something like this)

My monitor stopped responding to my computer a few days ago, now I know it is not any of my components that are the problem or that it is the monitor that is the problem as I have tested them all on different systems. I've tried booting with just the CPU, heatsink, graphics card and PSU and 1 stick of RAM in a slot (I have tried each of my memory sticks in all of my RAM slots) but to no avail, I have also tried to reset the CMOS but that did not work either, and also tried to disperse the internal voltage a few times and still nothing. I'm really stumped as to what the problem could be and would love it if someone helped me.

I do not have a case speaker or a speaker on the motherboard so I am unable to identify beeps.

system specs:
    ASUS m2n-e sli mobo
    AMD athlon x2 3800
    2GB DDR2-667 memory
    nvidia 8600GT
    500W PSU
    160GB hard drive.

Once again any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

3. jamie141999

jamie141999 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the help, i've already re-assembled once but will give it another try later, is there any way I can isolate if it is the PSU or motherboard causing the problems.

Infact I have had problems over the past few weeks where the PSU was stuttering and there was a case of my having to actually push the wires back into the PSU, so it might infact be the PSU

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

I'm thinking PSU :rolleyes: Please test with another (being the best and easiest way to test this ;))

5. jamie141999

jamie141999 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I think I will test tomorrow morning as it is getting quite late here! I'll make sure to report back

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.