TechSpot

Monitor problem dv6000 HP

By pumasport
Jan 3, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howdy Folks, I am developing a problem with my HP Pavilion DV6000 Laptop,17" monitor. I am getting a vertical line multi colored about 1" from the left followed by a blue line about 4 " from the left and now a pink line about 4" in from the right. Frankly I do not know if this is a monitor problem or a "card" problem, has anyone else had this problem and is it fixable? I am out of warranty and I have encountered the usual customer service problems with HP. Thanks Dapper
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,821   +163

Try connecting and external monitor. If the lines also appear on the external monitor, the "card" is the cause. If the video is normal on the external, it is the internal 17" LCD panel or its associated cables/wireing that are the cause of the lines
  3. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,348

hi, I had a smiler problem on the same laptop and it turned out to be the some kind of loose connection because when i moved it the monitor would go out and back on and have lines, but i would follow the advice of Tmagic650 and see if the problem still exists on a separate monitor
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.