Monitor says "Check Video Card" after upgrading

Konfusi0n

I recently upgraded to a 450 GTS and bought a new PSU. I have the PSU working and am on it right now. The problem is that when I place my 450 GTS into my computer and boot it up, my moniter says "Check Video Card". I am currently using my on-board graphics card to get my PC to start.

I also hear the system booting and loading through my speakers but my monitor is the only problem. Been frustrated for hours.. Please help.

Specs:
- Computer: HP Pavilion a6042n
- Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20 GHz
- Ram: 2.00 GB
- Power Supply: RF-500WPS2 (500W-600W Peak)

Could this issue be because I need a bigger Power Supply. The graphics card I currently have requires 450W and I ran it on my other PC with the same Power Supply.

It sounds as if you forgot to plug in the 6 pin PCI-E power connector on the graphics card.

Thank you for the quick reply!

I have everything correctly connected and had the 6-pin connector plugged into my GTS 450 and had my DVI cables connected to my monitor but it just says "Check Video Card" and my monitor goes to sleep.

Fixed, had a DVI-VGA adapter since DVI didn't work with my computer. I found it sitting around the house and luckily it worked, thanks anyways guys.

Back