Monitor screen is black but power button is still on

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post! woot woot.
anyways.. I search the forum, nothing really to my problem

I have Windows Xp and I have two monitors hooked up to the computer. My larger monitor does not work anymore. The screen is mostly always black but the power button stays on... if i play around with it and click the input button i can get the desktop to come up but it flickers and lines goes down the screen and still is unusable--- after about five mins of this, it just turns black anyways

I switch where the monitors connect to the computer, but still the larger monitor does not work. The smaller one still worked fine. Its the monitor itself... well... its not the graphic card in the computer or dust or anything was where i was trying to get at..

I also changed the screen refreshing to 60 hertz, changed the color quality to 16 bit as well as change the screen resolution to the lowest it can go, which is 800 by 600 pixels

I can't think of anything else to do?
Please help..

Thank you.

Cheap monitors fail easily. We have seen some that are gone by 15 months... What brand and model is the monitor...
There is not cheap fix... but lots of decent monitors of a good resolution are now $99 to $129 at such places as Geek.com and Tiger. Excellent used ones can be found at second hand charity outlets for $15 5o $30 around here.

The reality of "TV" repair in 2009 is that anything under say $500.00 isn't worth the bench time to diagnose or repair it. A monitor in large part is the same as a TV, in case you were going to say, "it's not a TV, it's a monitor".

This is my first post! woot woot.
anyways.. I search the forum, nothing really to my problem

I have Windows Xp and I have two monitors hooked up to the computer. My larger monitor does not work anymore. The screen is mostly always black but the power button stays on... if i play around with it and click the input button i can get the desktop to come up but it flickers and lines goes down the screen and still is unusable--- after about five mins of this, it just turns black anyways

I switch where the monitors connect to the computer, but still the larger monitor does not work. The smaller one still worked fine. Its the monitor itself... well... its not the graphic card in the computer or dust or anything was where i was trying to get at..

I also changed the screen refreshing to 60 hertz, changed the color quality to 16 bit as well as change the screen resolution to the lowest it can go, which is 800 by 600 pixels

I can't think of anything else to do?
Please help..

Thank you.

maybe use another cable?? did u check it? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back