Monitor scrolling

So I turned on my computer and after I finished the Windows XP Loading screen, my monitor goes black and the power light starts flashing orange. I restart and it does it again.

I take my video card and place it in my other PCI-E slot and it boots up, but it is in 640 x 480. I try to set it to my monitors native resolution (1680 x 1050) but then my screen goes black and power light starts flashing once again.

I take the video card and place it in the original PCI-E slot and it all turns on but now I have a problem, whenever I put it on 1680 x 1050 it doesn't display my entire screen, I have to "scroll" to see the sides and top/bottom. It works fine on 1440 x 900 but obviously as it isn't my native resolution text is fuzzy and all that good stuff.

This is something I have never encountered before, any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Windows XP
ATi HD 4670
AMD X2 245
4GB RAM
LCM-22w3 Monitor

If I remember properly; right click desktop -> properties -> settings tab -> advanced -> general tab -> DPI Normal size (96 DPI) -> ok.
I think...I know I've done that to myself once.

Thanks, I just found the fix, my monitor for some reason got its maximum resolution set to 1600 x 1200. Just had to change it back.

Back