Monitor shuts down after desktop boot

help. i just want to ensure if the problem of my pc is the video card. my pc got worse. after loading windows, after showing desktop, monitor shuts down. sometimes, after right click (like refresh or in the taskbar), monitor shuts down. help pls.. this is my first time posting in a forum. tnx

help. i just want to ensure if the problem of my pc is the video card. my pc got worse. after loading windows, after showing desktop, monitor shuts down. sometimes, after right click (like refresh or in the taskbar), monitor shuts down. help pls.. this is my first time posting in a forum. tnx

It would help to know OS=Operating System & pc specs. Have you gone into the Control panel>Power options to see what the monitor setting are set to?

tnx for the quick respomse.

im using windows xp. im using 2g ram and an ati video card. i think its 521mb. i think my driver installer is ok because i used to install using that ever since. last night, i was able to boot not in normal but in "enable vga mode". its better than in safe mode cause i was able to install microsoft word, vb.net etc. the problem is im still not booting it in normal and it shuts down when i change resolution. thanks

video card?

i found a part of the problem. he cant anymore handle my resolution. last time, my resolution is 1152x864.highest bit. i fixed it by making it low bit. every time i try to make it at least medium it shuts down the monitor but cpu is still running. any ideas?

Back