Monitor stays in sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently updated to a new cpu heatsink & fan and upgraded the ram to 4 gb of crucial memory but now my monitor will not register. It appears to be in sleep mode. I tested the monitor and it works on another computer. I switched the ram back to the 2 GB Kingston that I was running but it still won't come on? I have also tried disconnecting the data and power cable and plugging them back in. Any suggestions?

The motherboard is a ECS GeForce6100SM-M2
AMD Cemperon processor

"I recently updated to a new cpu heatsink & fan"...

Did you clean off the old thermal paste and apply a small amount of new thermal paste between the heatsink/fan and the CPU?

paste

Yes when we removed the old fan and heatsink we removed all the old paste and reaplied new paste when we put the new heatsink and fan on.

Are you familiar with building computers or repairing them? Did you verify that the new memory was compatible with the motherboard? If not, the "new" memory could have damaged the motherboard

new memory

I read the specs for the motherboard and the capacity and got the same memory that was specified in the manual. I had my sister come over and make sure that the memory was compatable with my motherboard before purchasing it. The manual reads that it supports DDR2 800/667/533/400 DDR2 SDRAM total capacity of 16GB. What I purchased is 2 - 2GB 240 Pin Unbuff dimm 256mx64DDr2 Pc2-5300. I am not as computer savy as I would like sorry to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back