Monitor to sleep, Nvidia 8800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, since my PC had crashed due to.. stupid thing, someone we know repaired it. He also replaced the hard drive and it seems he also took out a Hercules card that I had in my pc (I don't know if this could have anything to do with this)

So lately, well actually since I got the computer back when I play some games (not all) after a while my monitor goes to sleep, I had this problem once with my Asus card, but the answer was obvious there, it was overheating because the fan on the card itself had gone up in smoke.

So I thought that it could be that my card was overheating, so when my monitor went to sleep I put my hand close to my card and even touched it, but it was totally not hot and the fan was running.

I have a NVIDIA 8800GT (512MB) and I just updated it to the latest graphic driver. (191.07)

It used to play well before! and some games still run normally without monitor going to sleep.

Specs:

MS-7519
3072MB RAM
NVIDIA 8800GT 512.0MB
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
Antec Earthwatts EA-430D (430W duhrr..)

Then it sounds like a game setting issue... You may be running the problem games outside the monitors refresh rates

Each game on your PC has it's own video settings... but some do use your PC's refresh rate. What kind of monitor are you using? Make and model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back