TechSpot

Monitor turns off

By dholderman
May 18, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Any ideas what would make some of the monitors in a classroom peroidically flicker, turn off, and then back on?
  2. tweakboy

tweakboy TechSpot Maniac Posts: 518

Are the monitors all the same brand and model, Do you have surge protecters on them! ,,,

Also this could just be power managment shutting it off , In that case youw ould need to go to Control Panel , then power options icon, and choose Never ,a nd disable power managemnt,, hope this helps,, gl,
  3. dholderman

dholderman Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Bad monotors

Well, all of the monitors are the same brand, same age, and all have surge protectors on them. Tried the power management route, which was a really good option; still flickering and going off and on, so I'm thinking just a bunch of bad monitors,
    Thanks
  4. halo71

halo71 Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,289

Do all the monitors do this? I would tend to think it to be odd that they all go out at the same time. Unless something happened that you are unaware of maybe.
  5. dholderman

dholderman Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

That's the strange thing. Some monitors in this room are having this problem, and some aren't. Some that didn't have it before, are now. As far as I know, this is the only classroom with this issue.
  6. halo71

halo71 Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,289

And the computers arent rebooting? A few years ago I did have a similiar issue in a office. Turns out we got a bad run of ViewSonic monitors. I had to replace 9 of the 12. How old are they?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.