Monitor wont come on!

harrist

Hey guys. I have this computer that my uncle gave to me. i first booted it up, but the screen wont come on. I've checked the monitor and video card on my other working computer, and they work just fine. My screen can tell its connected to the computer, and I've checked all the wires. My computer's power button is flashing orange. I cant seem to find out why the screen wont come on. Anything i could do?

I asked my uncle where he had gotten the computer, and he said he got it from his neighbor who said it had a virus on it. My uncle replaced the hard drive, and gave the computer to me. I'm not sure if he had booted it up before he got the hard drive.

I thought that maybe the hard drive was faulty, so i checked it. when the computer was on, it wasn't wirring or anything. so i replaced it with a different one that i was sure worked. The new one wirred, but the screen still didn't turn on.

I really hope you guys could help.

"My computer's power button is flashing orange"...

The computer's power supply... or maybe the motherboard is bad. Try replacing the power supply first

how would i check if the power supply isn't meeting the requirements? Sorry I'm kind of a noob with hardware.

"Sorry I'm kind of a noob with hardware"...

Yes, I knew this because you changed a hard drive for this problem. What is the computers make and model?

What does the inside of the computer look like? Is it clean? The blinking orange light is a sign of a bad power supply

Okay i rebooted the computer. The light is still orange, however not blinking. The inside of the case is clean; no dust or dirt. All the fans are running and the CD drive and HD are both spinning and wirring. The screen is still black. I think the computer may be in sleep mode.

Back