Monitor won't detect computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a computer lab with about 26 HP workstations. For some reason I will get a couple of computers a week that after they boot up and get to the windows screen the monitors go black and say cannot detect video input. Ive tried everything you can think of trying and the only thing that I am currently doing to fix the problem is going into safe mode and uninstalling the graphics driver then restarting the machine and downloading the driver again. The computers are hp xw4400 with nvidia quadro fx 560 graphic cards. Just wondering if y'all had any other input on this issue. Thanks.

Hi
the PC is ouputting a video signal and refresh rate the monitor cannot handle, as XP starts up its in basic 640 x480 and then switches to the correct refresh rate as the desktop comes up.

The easiest thing to do is use a remote control program such as dameware mini remote to connect to the machine and then change the screen size and refresh rate, its what i do when my son messed his PC up.

The fault is caused by a program or game changing the size and refresh rate and then failing to set it back when the app quits.

Regards

Thanks for the replay...that makes since b/c its a cad lab and they are running AutoCAD so maybe I guess the program is changing it. But why do you think it only happens to some of the computers and only this lab? Thanks again.

Hi

In all honesty without coming down to the lab and seeing your setup i couldnt say, i dont use any type of CAD program, just as a side thought is it any particular brand of monitor that it happens on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back