Monitor won't display anything after pulling out RAM and putting it back in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new computer. It worked just fine. but it only came with 512Mb of RAM. I needed to know what kind it was so i could buy more, so i opened the case, took the proper precautions against ESD, pulled the RAM out to check it, then i put it back in. The monitor now only shows the yellow standby light, and when I turn it on, it says "going to sleep", but the computer seems to start up ok, fans spin and lights come on. I have tried different monitors, a different video card, I've reset CMOS, I changed the input settings on the monitor, nothing has worked. The only thing i can think of is i somehow fried the RAM with ESD or i fried the mobo, despited my precautions. I'm going to buy more RAM to see if that will help. If anyone has any ideas that'd be great cause i'm fresh out.

Try putting the RAM on a different slot, and if you can clean the slots with compressed air.

hey, thanks guys, i figured out my problem though. The CMOS battery went bad. I replaced it and I'm good to go. Guess it was just one heck of a coincidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back