Monitor won't display anything when connected to computer...?

I took my pc to a technician for a format...Everything was fine,except that the DVD-ROM couldn't open...I opened up my pc box took out the DVD-ROM and i fixed it...however,when i closed the pc box and connected it with everything again it wouldnt connext with the monitor...Everything was ok(dvd,cd opened,lights where on) but it the monitor didn't display anything...However,the monitor recognized that it was connected but it showed black...I connected the monitor with another pc and it worked fine...does anyone know what the problem is???Did i do something wrong when i opened the computer's box???is it a problem with the video(graphics card)?!!!
*Before i opened the pc box the monitor connected fine with the computer!!!

You may have disturbed something inside the box. Go back in there and remove the graphics card. Clean the contacts with a soft eraser (up and down not from end to end) and then reseat the card, reconnect the power and monitor and reboot.

Let me know what happens.

You may have disturbed something inside the box. Go back in there and remove the graphics card. Clean the contacts with a soft eraser (up and down not from end to end) and then reseat the card, reconnect the power and monitor and reboot.

Let me know what happens.

Um,I have the same problem XD I actually did what you said here but it didn't work for me.If possible,can you give more advice?Thank you :)

Did you make sure that you didn't plug the monitor's cable into the wrong VGA/DVI port if you have an onboard adapter in addition to your graphics card.

I'm sure you didn't, but I'd expect a beep code or something to let you know the graphics card wasn't seated properly. Doesn't always happen but most mobo's will sing out.

Check everything's seated properly etc, especially your RAM too, could be stopping the boot. Does your machine beep at all when you boot it?

It's plugged in the right place(I tried the both ports just to make sure I'm not crazy xd).It doesn't beep at all,so I guess everything's in the right place.I checked the RAM,everything.My monitor just enters in a sort of "Economic Mode"(that's what it says).I don't know if the fact that it was vacuumed some time ago has something to do with this,I just hope it's not something too serious/bad.Thank you for the advice anyhow <3
P.S:I tried the reseat of the video card & keeping the BIOS battery out for some time.I'm gonna let the PC and monitor "powerless" for the night too see if something happens.

Try removing the graphics card and then plug the monitor into the other graphics output that runs off the motherboard. If that still fails to produce anything on screen try another monitor.

Runnig a vacum cleaner over the inside of a computer may well have damaged something, always use a can of compressed air to blow dust out as this is far safer.

Try removing the graphics card and then plug the monitor into the other graphics output that runs off the motherboard. If that still fails to produce anything on screen try another monitor.

Runnig a vacum cleaner over the inside of a computer may well have damaged something, always use a can of compressed air to blow dust out as this is far safer.

A great suggestion. That will at least isolate the graphics card being the potential issue. You could also try another graphics card suitable for the slot (AGP/PCI-E).

Definitely true also about the vacuum cleaner, which produces a ton of static electricity, may have caused something to get a bit awry.

Mark,that was the first thing I did when I saw that the monitor won't display anything.Last night I tried all those once again,plus another weird thing that I had little faith in but looks like it made the difference : With the power cord plugged out I pushed the power button for at least 30 seconds and then connected the cord and guess what? My computer started and the monitor worked XD
So the vacuuming was the problem I guess.I'll never let anyone else clean my computer besides me ever again XD Thank You very much you two,you kept me positive and the advices helped me allot!(I'm the type that after 30 minutes of *computer not working* time freaks out and starts swearing in the whole house).
Hope it won't happen again,but if it does,I know I have help here :)

Back