TechSpot

Monitor won't display anything

By cengineer07
Jun 14, 2007
  1. I was looking on these forums to see if i could find my problem since there are serveral topics with basically the same name. I've built my computer a while back and up until recently I didn't have any problems. When I tried to boot up my computer before today the monitor wouldn't show anything, the LED would stay the same color as if in standby mode. If I left my computer on for a couple minutes then restart it would boot up fine and show everything. Now today it won't show a single thing. I've tried changing the RAM around, and tried a different monitor. My motherboard doesn't have onboard video so it won't be that problem. One last thing, I read about beep codes being a clue, it does beep when booting up, but I think it is the regular everything is fine beep. I was wondering if any of you had any ideas. Thanks for any help you give in advance.

Giving an update, I found my old video card I didn't know i had and the monitor works, now i know what is wrong.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.