Monitor won't display!!!

By abc123atmyhouse
Feb 19, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I have a problem with the new computer i just built. When i power it on, the monitor doesn't display the bios. It (the monitor) says that it is working fine, and to check the cables. The cables are snug, and nothing is out of place. Please help!
  2. snowman

snowman Newcomer, in training Posts: 312

does the motherboard make any beeps? reseat the video card and see if that helps.
  3. abc123atmyhouse

abc123atmyhouse Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

nope, no beeping at all. I already reseated the video card, and that didnt' work. i'll try again though.
  4. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,382   +15

Then your PC isnt working too well.. it should beep, indicating it works, or it'll also beep indicating it doesnt (different series though). Something is wrong :(
  5. Hodsocks

Hodsocks TechSpot Guru Posts: 526

If you have checked the graphics card try the same with the memory, if the memory is suspect it wont boot at all.
  6. abc123atmyhouse

abc123atmyhouse Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

well some good news and some bad news. I got it boot up. YAY! but when i went to install the OS it reverted back to what it was doing. any other suggestions?
  7. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

You could try reseating all cables and the ram...
    It might just be a cable or something that isn't properly connected...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.