Monitor won't show anything after random shut down

My computer has been messed up for about a year. i got a virus from downloading a program (called fire letters or something) and my computer shut down right after i installed it. i turn it back on and found out i can't go on the internet. As soon as i try to open internet explorer, an error message comes up and the browser closes. i tried with firefox and the same thing happened. I start playing games on my computer and in the middle of playing, the computer would shut down randomly, not very often and then later, unbearably often. i tried a virus protection software ( something like norton antivirus) for $40 at best buy. i would try to scan my computer, it would say that it is scanning, but the files scanned would always say zero. After a while i just gave up on the computer. A couple days ago, i wanted to try and use it again. It didnt shut down randomly but still no internet. i used it for about 3 days when, after being gone for a while, came back and notice it randomly shut down. I turn it back on. it starts to run for about a minute and shuts down again. when it shuts down, a red light starts flashing on the monitor. I looked up online what i could do about the shutting down problem and someone said overheating, and for some reason i thought dust could be the problem. i open up my comp and see tons of dust. I then use compressed gas duster to blow all the dust out of the computer. i i plug everything back in and try to start it. the computer starts up ( i hear the fan, lights on keyboard turn on, ect) but my monitor stays black. There is the little red light blinking in the monitor corner. i turn off the monitor, and then back on, i hear the static thing in the back, the green light comes on, but then right away switches to the blinking red. Please help!

What are your computers specs? Make and model? Operating system? You may have to reformat the hard drive and re-install Windows fresh, if you can't restore to factory settings

Back