Here is the new build:

ASRock A790GXH/128M AM2+ ATX Phenom II ready
Asus Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5
Corsair 650W
Samsung 22" Wide Syncmaster T220
AMD Phenom™ II X3 720 Black Edition
Corsair Dominator TWIN2X PC8500 4GB DDR2

Unfortunately it doesn't work.

Well, everything seems to fire up but my monitor wont come out of standby.

What could be the problem?

Both 8pin and 24pin is connected to the motherboard. I have tried to connect the monitor to both the onboard GPU and the ATI 4890 GPU with wvery cable possible.. but with no result..

Also, I have gone through a checklist I found on another webpage and EVERYTHING seems to be installed correctly.

I get the following series of beep codes;

1 short beep then a long break

then 1 beep and two seconds after another 2 beeps.

then a little break on a few seconds

then another beep.

Any ideas??

Thanks

/David

Will your display work if you *remove* your 4890 and use the onboard graphics?

If so, take a look at page 52 of your motherboard manual for instructions on how to enable a PCI-E card as your primary adapter.

Do you still get the BIOS beeps with your 4890 removed? Sounds like (despite your beliefs) something is either installed improperly, has failed or is experiencing some other issue.

For the hell of it, I'd probably try and reseat and/or remove all but one RAM module. If your board is still throwing beeps at you, take that module out and try another.

Your monitor, by the way, is probably fine. Leave your 4890 out until you work out the issue.

I still get the BIOS beeps without the to PCI-E cables plugged into the GPU.

I tried replacing the RAM modules with some new ones from another working build. Same result.

Without the monitor plugged into either the 4890 or onboard graphics i only recieve two BIOS beeps and not three.

What is next?

The motherboard may be bad. Are you sure that you have all the power supply cables connected properly to the motherboard, looking carefully at the CPU 12 volt 4 or 8 pin connector?

Great news.

I disconnected the DVD drive and BAM. Everything is working.

It is just weird. the DVD drive is sata 2 just like the HDD. It should work just fine.

I will try to plug in another dvd drive later and see what happens.

Great davidfromda,
glad you got this fixed... Bad SATA optical drive, causing no boot up...a first for me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back