Monitors is black at power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewPCTech

When I hit the power button on my PC for the first time after a long time of inactivity the monitor is black. If I turn the PC off and cut the power via the switch on the power supply wait a mintue and then flip the switch on the power supply the PC will turn on by itself and then shutdown. I then hit the power switch on the front and the PC boots up no problem. If i shutdown and try again at a later time there is a good chance that I will get the same black screen again and will have to kill the power from the power supply.

Any ideas?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Let me know if you need any info.

I have an Aspire PSU. How did you determine that the PSU was the culprit? Are you thinking it does not have the power for all devices? Whats your logic and how can I perform the tests ?

Thanks alot.

sorry so late on the reply my computer went down, and was down for a while :(

i tested with a spare psu, my problem was a bad connection that fianally melted the psus board
now if you dont have a spare psu, i really dont how to test otherwise, what are you running in the computer, and how powerful is your psu?

Go into the BIOS and turn off all power saving features or sleep mode stuff. Do the same for the OS too. Change the power scheme for Windows to always on except if you want the Monitor to run the screen saver. But make sure the PC can never go into standyby which is shouldn't for a desktop.

The should be done first...

PSU to test that you need to do this...

Open the case make sure you unplug it...
Write down the PSU Rating you can post it here but 300, 350 is not enough today.. 400 and higher would be better...

To test PSU unplug the CD and just have one HD with the OS running with the Monitor, but if you have installed a new Video Card or Sound Card these suck power also. More Memory more HDD also. So you got to take ahead if you add more you need a bigger PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back