TechSpot

More IE flaws found, hackers might not know about them

By Matthew
Jan 26, 2010
  1. Less than a week after Microsoft patched the Internet Explorer vulnerabilities responsible for the China-based attacks on Google and over two dozen other tech companies, more flaws have cropped up. Core Security Technologies has discovered a set of holes, which aren't very serious on their own, but can be exploited together to take control of a system remotely.

Read the whole story

2. Emin3nce

Emin3nce TS Rookie Posts: 129

Flaws in IE? Nawwwwww

3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +87

So, if I took I.E. out of Windows 7, how many security holes did I fix? Correct answer - all of them.

4. I just patched my system. Dumped IE8 and switched to an alternate browser. Also considering moving from Windows to Linux to improve security.

5. I've done the same and I feel so safe.

6. yangly18

yangly18 TS Rookie Posts: 242

internet explorer should just be dumped altogether if they dont want to put in the time to make it as secure as other browsers. I don't even know why it comes on computers pre-installed anymore, maby it's their way of trying to get people to get some viruses and mareware in their computer so they will think it's broken and go buy another one. I use google chrome and opera mostly, I find them quite effective and I like their designs. Along with a good firewall/spyware blocker I have great protection and yet have to get a single virus on my computer.
    long story short- windows should contract with another browser as their default.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.