Most of the time pc fail to boot

By zeroxzero
May 21, 2008
  1. Hi all,

my pc face a big problem lately,

my pc is a legacy system:
    it is a P3 866(VIA motherboard) with 384 ram with a 32 mb tnt2 riva 64m

my computer just catch spyware but i remove it with AVG internet sucurity already

The problem is:
    when i switch on my pc the processor fan work but with no display and no bip sound,so i switch off and try again and same problem occur.

After i try for 15min switch on and switch off it has display back, this cause me quite upset when the time i switch on my computer.

the 2nd is my computer will hang up when i leave it doing nothing,when i play game it work just fine...........

Action taken:
    i suspect my power supply cause this problem so i replace it with another working power supply but same problem occur.

i try to replug my display card also did not fix it....

i just hope that the problem is not my mother board cause i din have money to replace it......Zzz

i need my pc to finish my course ..........

Someone pls help me......
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Oh you want me to fill in the words.

Well I'd suggest that you benchtest it.
  3. zeroxzero

zeroxzero TS Rookie Topic Starter

that not what i mean

sorry to make u confuse
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

I'm not confused.
    BenchTesting will probably solve it. Actually I'm betting on the Ram is causing it.
  5. zeroxzero

bench testing i already did it

it show that the problem is come from my mother board

if the ram causing it it should occur a bip bip bip sound when the time my pc on.

I put only 1 ram and other display card than wht i use now still din solve the problem

1 part i forget to mention is some of the component of my motherboard is pop up

sometime my pc will on when i push start then press reset but this trick won't work all the time

the thing that burder me is that my pc will hang when i din using my keyboard (which mean i afk).i experience this when the time i surf the web when i read the content of a forum it will hang(don tell me to move my mouse here and there to solve this..hehe).

hope will come out a solution without change mother board
  6. zeroxzero

guys thank for ur help

now i already replace a motherboard now seem everything work jus fine
  7. zeroxzero

damn it...........
    after i change my motherboard everything work jus fine for a while now the stupid problem come back again......

so most likely not my motherboard problem but i jus cannot figure out what worng with it anyone can help me......
  8. seanc

seanc TS Rookie Posts: 88

I suspect your power supply needs replacing.
  9. Tucker4321

Tucker4321 TS Rookie

seanc i believe is right. If you have another power supply to test it out it would ot hurt to try it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.