Most secure browser?

Like so many "evaluations" of products, it depends upon two major factors:
  1. WHO paid for the study?
  2. WHAT was the criteria used for the evaluation?
Regardless of this, I have grave reservations against all forms of IE due to the implementation of ActiveX.
This component violates the original design from the W3C where the browser should not have access to system components UNLESS signed. Clearly MS uses ActiveX to perform the MS Updates which can modify anything.
That alone ought to give you NIGHTMARES.

I only use IE for eset online scans maybe once a month. otherwise, its SeaMonkey,FF,Opera portable & checking out Google Chrome. I agree with you & thanks.

The usual way of evaluating browser security is by measuring the number of security holes found. But this is not what counts in practice. Once a hacker is determined, he'll eventually find and exploit a hole, even one is sufficient.

In real life, hackers will attack a browser offering maximum number of prospective victims. He will therefore choose browsers widely used and leave obscure ones alone.

In conclusion, the more obscure and rarely used a browser is, the more secure. Chrome is very widely used and attractive to hackers. Opera is much less popular and thus preferable, some fairly unknown ones like Iron Browser would be the safest.

I think just about any browser is going to tell you they're lightning fast & the most secure just in hopes you download it & use it.
Comodo Dragon Internet Browser
Fast and versatile Internet Browser based on Chromium, with highest level of security!
How to avoid online privacy leakage?
Comodo Dragon provides privacy enhancements at lightning speed

From this link http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/browser.php

Yes, I've had it bookmarked for some time. It tells me my Windows Firewall is Stealth.
I have no knowledge about pings.
You might google " Should I block my pings" or hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help. Good luck.

Im in the process of learning that now..only pings ( or pongs) that come from wan side you have to worry about...still figuring what side was is

I just did a google search for "Most Secure browser", & from what the links I read say is Google Chrome is. Is that true? No, I didn't read ALL the links.
You say you did a Google search for most secure browser. Stands to reason that it is going to say Google Chrome. I'm guessing that if you did a search with another browser you might get a different answer. I would do the same search with each of your other browsers....Which is probably a moot point, because you probably already did that.

You say you did a Google search for most secure browser. Stands to reason that it is going to say Google Chrome. I'm guessing that if you did a search with another browser you might get a different answer. I would do the same search with each of your other browsers....Which is probably a moot point, because you probably already did that.
Actually I doubt it would show different results with different browsers, since I ONLY use google as a search engine.

I woiuld think that each company that put out a browser, would naturally claim that their's was the best. Whether it was or not.

I'd bet that is 100% true. Billy boy (MS) will tell you IE is the best. Mr. Firefox will say the same & so on.
Now your assignment. If you should choose to accept it. Is to find out which browser actually is the best. This message will self distruct in 20 seconds. 19, 18,17....

Now your assignment. If you should choose to accept it. Is to find out which browser actually is the best. This message will self distruct in 20 seconds. 19, 18,17....
My personal choice for being the best browser is SeaMonkey then Firefox but then again, they're related.
I use SeaMonkey 99.999% of the time.
In my personal opinion, google chrome is not good because Google ownes it which means every time I run SAS, I get tracking cookies if I've used GC.
Each user has their best browser.

I'm kind of confused. When I open up Google Chrome I get the Yahoo search engine. Don't ask me why. Wish I knew how to change it to the GC search engine.
When I open up Seamonkey, and hit search I get the GC search engine. You must get another search engine when you open Seamonkey. Because if you were getting GC on Seamonkey you wouldn't be using it. 99.999% of the time. what search engine do you get on Seamonkey?, and can I change my Seamonkey to that search engine? Also in Google Chrome can I change the search engine from Yahoo to GC. Just doesn't seem right to me that my Google isn't using the GC search engine.
This time I don't think I confused a Search engine with a Browser, one time..;0)
This is an edit. If I changed my primary from FF to Seamonkey would that change my Search engine to something other than GC? If I changed my primary to Gc would that give me a Gc search engine in GC?

I'm kind of confused. When I open up Google Chrome I get the Yahoo search engine. Don't ask me why. Wish I knew how to change it to the GC search engine.
When I open up Seamonkey, and hit search I get the GC search engine. You must get another search engine when you open Seamonkey. Because if you were getting GC on Seamonkey you wouldn't be using it. 99.999% of the time. what search engine do you get on Seamonkey?, and can I change my Seamonkey to that search engine? Also in Google Chrome can I change the search engine from Yahoo to GC. Just doesn't seem right to me that my Google isn't using the GC search engine.
This time I don't think I confused a Search engine with a Browser, one time..;0)
This is an edit. If I changed my primary from FF to Seamonkey would that change my Search engine to something other than GC? If I changed my primary to Gc would that give me a Gc search engine in GC?
To get the Google search engine in Google Chrome, click the icon that replaced the wrench & go to setting & click it. Go to search & there is where you can set your search engine option by clicking the tiny pyramid.
Mine was set at Google by default. GC is just a browser, not a search engine.:)

To get the Google search engine in Google Chrome, click the icon that replaced the wrench & go to setting & click it. Go to search & there is where you can set your search engine option by clicking the tiny pyramid.
Mine was set at Google by default. GC is just a browser, not a search engine.:)

See now I thought that Google was the only one that had it's own searchj engine. Google was the Browser, and Google Chrome was the search engine. Or Visa versa

See now I thought that Google was the only one that had it's own searchj engine. Google was the Browser, and Google Chrome was the search engine. Or Visa versa
Users of Google Chrome have their choice of search engines. If you go back to my previous directions & click Manage Search Engines you'll have a choice. Yes, Google Chrome is a browser & www.google.com is a search engine & more.:)
I prefer google as a search engine because it has more results.

Users of Google Chrome have their choice of search engines. If you go back to my previous directions & click Manage Search Engines you'll have a choice. Yes, Google Chrome is a browser & www.google.com is a search engine & more.:)
I prefer google as a search engine because it has more results.

So I was right? Google Chrome has, or is it's own browser. But if you don't want to use it, you have your choice of others.
FF gives you a choice too, in fact right now I have 15 choices in FF.But I'm going to be getting rid of some of them. Like Bing because it is a product of IE, and Funmodes, because it keeps popping up on either SAS MBAM scans. Can't remember which.
I was just thinking. We probably should have done this through email. I'll bet this conversation has bored, to death, a lot of members ;0)

So I was right? Google Chrome has, or is it's own browser. But if you don't want to use it, you have your choice of others.
FF gives you a choice too, in fact right now I have 15 choices in FF.But I'm going to be getting rid of some of them. Like Bing because it is a product of IE, and Funmodes, because it keeps popping up on either SAS MBAM scans. Can't remember which.
I was just thinking. We probably should have done this through email. I'll bet this conversation has bored, to death, a lot of members ;0)
Google Chrome is a browser OWNED by google. You can choose whatever search engine you wish.
To the best of my knowledge, Firefox has Google by default. You might consider asking for help in here to get rid of Funmodes because although it don't sound harmful, I found this http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/921474

Yeah, the Chromebooks you may have seen a commercial for, they run a ChromeOS. Its a cloud based operating system rather than say.. Windows. So there is Google Chrome the browser. Google the website and under that umbrella all their other stuff (google docs for example). And then ChromeOS, their operating system for 'cloudbooks'.

Back