Motherboard and processor for eMachines PC

Hello all

So i got this pc today from a guy at work. I was going to replace his power supply for him but first he took it to best buy to have them check and see what the deal was and if he still had a warranty. Well warranty was up and it is the board that is fried..So he wanted me to check on finding him a replacement. Well today he decided to just not mess with it so he gave it to me.

Here is the problem. I'm pretty experienced with replacing hardware but i have never messed with a MB and i'm not sure what to look for. It's an ET1831-05
ntel® Celeron® Processor 450
(2.20GHz, 512KB cache, 800MHz FSB)

any help is greatly appreciated

So, you thought it was the PSU and now your told it is the motherboard, are you sure? Who made the diagnosis. What are the symptons, does it power up, any fans running, any beep codes, etc.

I didn't check anything on it..he initially thought it was the psu and went ahead amd took it to best buy. They told him it was the mb.they said the psu was fine. He even said it would power on but nothing else happend..I'm gonna mess with it tonight when I get off work..but assuming it is the mb..I'm lost and don't know what to look for

You should be able to pick up a motherboard with similar specifications for $50 or less.

You must make sure it is compatible with the CPU (same socket 450) and that it will fit the case, if it is mini ATX 9.6 x 9.6 inches make sure you get one the same size unless there is space for it.

You could try to get the same board but you will need to identify it first. look for any numbers or names on the motherboard and search on line to find the manufacturer or a supplier.

The main problem with swapping boards is the connections for the front panel as these do vary and you may have to spend some time adapting the connectors. You can also get caught out by the power connections from the PSU as these can have different pin numbers on the motherboard connectors.

Please ask if you need further help.

Back