Motherboard Asrock N68C-S UCC RAM problem

Hello guys,my name is Vily.I wanna share my problem with my motherboard and its ram banks,which are DDR2 and DDR3 both with 2 banks of each.

I bought yesterday 2 ram pieces,each with 4 Gb,DDR3.Until now i owned just 2 banks with 2Gb of DDR2 each,so 4 Gb.

So the motherboard has both types of ram banks,DDR2 and DDR3.Problem is that,i put all 4 banks in ,yesterday,and didn t seemed to work,my computer did't showed anything on the screen,so i was wondering on an old thread from this forum was sharing the same thoughts but i couldn't replay there cuz now it's closed.The question is:i did a mistake and the pc didn't responded yesterday?I should try again or they simply don't work together,all DDR2 and DDR3?(The ram speeds are different from DDR2 to DDR3).

The motherboard is the one i named in the title of the thread.

Info on the motherboard:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/ASRock-N68C-S-UCC-Motherboard-Review/1048

Thank you.

Yep,well friends,i just readed there,and unfortunately i cannot use both types together DDR2+DDR3.I have to keep the DDR3 up to speed,connected and i won't try again to put them all together.
Quote from "HARDWARE SECRETS" : " Even though it is not a socket AM3 motherboard, the ASRock N68C-S UCC supports DDR3 memories (blue sockets). It is very important to keep in mind that you have to choose between one or the other. You cannot use DDR2 and DDR3 modules at the same time, and you can install DDR3 memories only if you install a socket AM3 processor on this motherboard. If you install a socket AM2 or AM2+ CPU, it won’t recognize DDR3 memories. "
So,i hope nowone gets mad because i started this thread,but i know,i must confess i should have read that before i post this topic.Sorry guys.

Back