Motherboard configuration for the integrated graphics in i7-2600 Sandy Bridge

Hi,

My question is about using the integrated graphics option on the 2nd generation core i7 2600 (sandy bridge) processor

What I understand is that I must have a motherboard with on-board graphics to be able to use the integrated graphics on the processor, in that case I'd configure the BIOS to use the onboard graphics ("Init Display First" option = OnBoard)

So will the motherboard use its OWN onboard graphics or the processor's, i.e. will it detect that the processor has integrated graphics and use it, or it just works without caring about the processor's ability and use its own graphics anyway?

And if the board can detect the processor's capabilities and act based on it, what if I want to use the board's graphics and bypass the processor's?

In brief, how can I configure the motherboard to use its onboard graphics or the processor's integrated graphics?

Also, is their a HYBRID way to make them work together?

Thanks and best regards

You don't need a motherboard with onboard graphics in order to use the integrated graphics of the CPU.

Be aware that the P67 chipset does -not- support using Sandy Bridge's integrated graphics. For that, you will need to use a motherboard with another chipset; the most popular choices being either H67 or Z68.

Back