Motherboard for amd athlonXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Housam

hi all

I'm planning to make up a system and I have chosen AMD Athlon XP for that but I'm still wondering what motherboard manufacturer would be good for that?

So far I've chose MSI (MicroStar International):
MSI KT4AV based on:
VIA KT400A Chipset
VIA VT8235 Chipset

which FSB is 333MHz max

Can you please give me an advice about it or about another motherbord?

MSI is an excellent manufacturer.

Other good ones are Asus, Gigabyte, Epox, and Chaintech.

Try entering the board's name within double quotation marks in Google.com's search box to locate links to reviews, etc.

There is an excellent MSI board called the KM2M Combo-L that only costs £40 and can run an XP 2600+ processor, and has onboard LAN, video, and sound.

Eric,
http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm

I had to replace my Motherboard which was an MSI, so, I used the next updated version of the same Motherboard from MSI. The nice thing about their Motherboards, is they use DLED's on the rear of the machine that replace the diagnostic beeps from the BIOS. Instead, you have a green/red LED combination and a BIOS guide if needed for troubleshooting. I wouldn't trade it. Here is the first page of several from MSI for AMD processors, which is also what I use (AMD Athlon XP).... http://www.msicomputer.com/product/search_result.asp

Can't go wrong with a Gigabyte mobo - but MSI make great ones as well...I'm a bit biased since I'm a happy Gigabyte owner...

Nothing wrong with being biased, as long as they are working for you. Chances are if you have a good experience with something, you will go back to use it again in the future or recommed it to someone else. But if you have a bad experience with something you won't go back and you will tell someone to NEVER get it.
I'm glad they are working out for you.

I personally use MSI

Agreed

I coundn't agree more poertner...you stick with what works well for you...I may go with an MSI board for my gaming PC, when I get around to ordering everything for it...my brother in law is a HUGE MSI proponent, and he has never had 1 issue whatsoever...:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back