Motherboard for Core i7-2600K?

the best comes down to preference there is no best everyone will recommend something different anything by gigabyte ,asus , evga or msi will be good just buy a board in the $180 - $250 range.

I can't say which is the best but I'm satisfied with my ASRock P67 EXTREME6 for my Core i7-2600K. I usually use a Gigabyte or MSI motherboard but this time I tried ASRock.

what do you mean by half a board because i don't think that will work too well lol

I think ingeborgdot was referring to the price (ie:" I can only afford half a board")

For the more price conscious I would recommend one of these:
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD = $240 It comes with a 20GB SLC SSD in an onboard slot, perfect for loading your OS on to for ultra fast boot times.
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 = $140 (Basically the same board without the SSD)

ok well i forgot to mention that those prices were in australian so if you can find that board on an american website then it might only be $250-300

ok well i forgot to mention that those prices were in australian so if you can find that board on an american website then it might only be $250-300

Right now it is going for $360 US (link) which is better than the 430 in the Australian link but still one of the most expensive LGA 1155 boards you can buy. It is a great board but you can find boards at half the price with similar (though slightly less) performance. Of course if you have a windowed case and like to show off your motherboard it is hard to beat the cool factor of the G1.SNIPER2.

Right now it is going for $360 US (link) which is better than the 430 in the Australian link but still one of the most expensive LGA 1155 boards you can buy. It is a great board but you can find boards at half the price with similar (though slightly less) performance. Of course if you have a windowed case and like to show off your motherboard it is hard to beat the cool factor of the G1.SNIPER2.

True but you know that the better the motherboard you buy the better every other part in the computer will work, and will last much longer in the long run

they're both good boards the GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 has a built in HDMI slot and thus allows the use of the CPUs integrated video where as the GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 has mo built in video port and thus requires a video card to work. If you are planning on using a dedicated video card anyway it really doesn't matter which one you get and the GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 is generally chaeper (currently $160 on newegg) eventhough they both have a list price of $210.

That's what I was looking for. I was not sure if there was any difference between the two and if so what it was. Anything better than the UD4 B3 in that price range. I will be getting a dedicated card and don't want any onboard stuff.

It is one of the best boards for the money although aside from color scheme there is not much difference between the UD3 and UD4 series, however the price difference is minimal as well.

Back