Motherboard in Seach of DDR3 + DDR2

By mke
Jun 1, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi there.

am currently in search for new components for a "cheap" system that i can upgade month by month to top specs. My main idea is to find a good motherboard that will support some intel and:

1) FSB1333 cpu and above (thinking ahead i am:)
    2) DDR2 + DDR3(1333) (i need both mem support as wont to use ddr2 now but next months upgrade to ddr3 when price comes to its sences)
    3) Sata2 (minimum of 6 but prefer 8, as already have 6 disks)
    4) Firewire IEEE.

5) all other gismo is bit irrelevant (though need 4 usb ports but guess every mobo has that--- although not the case with firewire as i found out....)

ok basically i need a mobo that will allow me to build upon with all latest specs components that are comming out the next months ,and unfortunately i need it now as my system has gone berzerk.

the only mobo that i found that supports both mem types of DD2 and DDR3 is the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R, but the downside is that it doesnt support firewire at all. i know a pci card is an option but still i think firewire as a mast have.

if anyone has a recommendation i would be gratefull as i have been searching quite a bit for this mobo.

anyhow thanks

of a motherboard
  2. mke

mke Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 146

hi there.

anyone knows of a motherboard that supports both DDR2 & DDR3 memory????
    would be gratefull for any advice,

thanx
  3. k.jacko

k.jacko Newcomer, in training Posts: 743

Gigabyte DS3's are great boards and fantastic overclockers for core 2 duo cpu's. I've built 3 so far and check out reviews if you want more info.
    you want 'cheap', but you want the best? The 2 don't mix i'm afraid.
    Still, you won't go wrong with a DS3, just buy a IEEE1394 (firewire) pci card.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.