TechSpot

Motherboard mounting offsets

By bellvkg
Jun 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I am about to upgrade some PC's from Celeron to Phenom, but the motherboards are different sizes. I need some additiona offsets for my Case (which is an off-brand koreaan model whose company no longer exists, of course).
    Anyway, I need a specific type it is square with four legs and small feet at the bottom. I uploaded a jpg of the specific type.
    Anyone know where I can acquire these?

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

I would suggest getting a better case. They are no longer expensive. The type of standoff you posted a picture of are case specific

3. Zilpha

Zilpha TS Enthusiast Posts: 319

Either that or try to find someone offloading those specific cases on ebay or somewhere and stripping them of the part. Like Tmagic said - case specific things like that went the way of the dodo and you will have a hard time finding a part that specific.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

bellvkg,
    You can move those standoffs around to support the motherboard better with out using more than 3 or 4 of them... Be sure to make sure that there are only standoffs under the mounting holes and remove any that are not matching holes