Motherboard or CPU?

By detroit1992
Dec 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. i dont know witch one is faulty. ok i get the fans spinning and the green light on MB. and the Dvd drive is blinking green but wont open.the computer turns on..but i get no Beeps when memory is removed and Mobo is flashing dram LED.. i have 1 broke pin on CPU so is my MB ok. and maby its my CPU thats dead.?
  2. Jawshh

Jawshh TS Enthusiast Posts: 392

You need to try the CPU out on another board to be sure.
  3. jarulezz

jarulezz TS Enthusiast Posts: 42

so, you're not getting any display on your screen? it could be your ram memory, but yea - you need to try out other combos eg:
    same mobo diff cpu same ram
    same mobo diff cpu diff ram
    this could be expensive if you dont have any spare parts - so you could think about an upgrade...
  4. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

With no beeps coming from the motherboard, my guess would be the CPU is gone. Your motherboard can't think if it doesn't have a brain. You need to test it in a different machine or get it tested to be sure.
  5. detroit1992

detroit1992 TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok thanks im just going to return everything and buy a built computer thx
  6. tainle

tainle TS Rookie

do they accept physical damage cpu rma? i had a case where i oc my 2600k too much and i can run it only 1 core. i asked for rma from intel but i didn't send it yet. doing it tomorrow. so do you think I will get a replacement?