Motherboard or CPU?

detroit1992

i dont know witch one is faulty. ok i get the fans spinning and the green light on MB. and the Dvd drive is blinking green but wont open.the computer turns on..but i get no Beeps when memory is removed and Mobo is flashing dram LED.. i have 1 broke pin on CPU so is my MB ok. and maby its my CPU thats dead.?

i dont know witch one is faulty. ok i get the fans spinning and the green light on MB. and the Dvd drive is blinking green but wont open.the computer turns on..but i get no Beeps when memory is removed and Mobo is flashing dram LED.. i have 1 broke pin on CPU so is my MB ok. and maby its my CPU thats dead.?

You need to try the CPU out on another board to be sure.

so, you're not getting any display on your screen? it could be your ram memory, but yea - you need to try out other combos eg:
same mobo diff cpu same ram
same mobo diff cpu diff ram
this could be expensive if you dont have any spare parts - so you could think about an upgrade...

With no beeps coming from the motherboard, my guess would be the CPU is gone. Your motherboard can't think if it doesn't have a brain. You need to test it in a different machine or get it tested to be sure.

do they accept physical damage cpu rma? i had a case where i oc my 2600k too much and i can run it only 1 core. i asked for rma from intel but i didn't send it yet. doing it tomorrow. so do you think I will get a replacement?

Back