Motherboard Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperX670yo

Ok , so im not to computer savy and basically only know how to change ram and video cards.... Well Currently I have a Dell Dimension 4600i with an unknown motherboard, nvidia geforce 7800GT, 2gb of ram, windows XP, and a pentium 4 (x2) 3.00ghz processor.

Im planning on getting a new SLI motherboard, 600watt psu , Q6600 Processor, and an 8800GTX, windows vista and maybe a new sound card....

So what i wanted to know is, will changing all these parts (mainly the motherboard) be a huge hassle? or is it quite easy?

ps. if its really hard , my friend will help me put it together but i dont want to bug him if i can do it myself...

Thanks In Advance,

70% of the time something doesn't work out and its a hassle. I'm assuming that you know about motherboard compatibility with CPU, RAM, and GPU. make sure everything is compatible or it won't work. You will want to get a mobo that is compatible with Pentium 4 LGA 775 socket. Make sure the mobo has a PCI express x16 slot for yout 8800GTX. I'm assuming the ram on that board is 240 pin DDR2. If you order everything that is compatible you shouldn't have too much trouble diy. Get a static discharge band from radio shack so you don't damage any party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back