Motherboard, ram, cpu upgrade blue screen when booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman_ncfc

first things first hello everyone

ok my problem started today when i recieved all that was needed to give my dads computer my old motherboard and processor

after i had re-built the comuter in a new case with the new processor new ram and new motherboard i turned the computer on hoping for windows to boot normally however whenever windows starts i get a blue screen that falshes for less than half a second and the computer restarts

i have tried putting the hard drive and CD drives back in the old case and then installing the drivers for the motherboard but that doesnt work however i can have the computer running that way i understand that i may need to repair windows but i dont know how to get passed the bit where it asks for a password

any help would be much appreciated

EDIT: in case it helps my prcessor is a 2800 athlon socket A and my motherboard is an MSI

Normally the process leaves all your files intact. However, it`s a good idea as with any major undertaking to back up your important data.

I have run the repair process quite a few times without problems.

Regards Howard :)

Cheers Howard
I tried it yesterday and it worked perfectly
The reason why it took meso long to do it is that i had to wait for my dad to back up his stuff
Anyway Thank You!!!
:D :grinthumb :grinthumb :grinthumb :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back