Motherboard Recomendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunzy19

Hi, Im looking for a AMD motherboard that supports PCI Express x16 2.0 Graphics Cards, and is fairly cheap, preferably a reputable brand. Can anyone make any suggestions? I was going to go with the MSI KA780G2 Mobo.. All recomendations are much appreciated!

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 Brisbane 2.8GHz Socket AM2
EVGA Geforce 8400 GS PCI-e
ATX 12 x 9.6 case
500w power supply
160GB SATA hard Drive
Kingston 1Gbx2 DDR2 SDRAM 800

That is a great board too. AM3 support at that price is a definite plus.

However, I do not recommend ASRock unless you are absolutely not going to OC anything. Gigabyte and ASUS should be your first choice, and unless you cannot get anything from them that is within your price range, you can go ahead and get that ASRock board.

MSI quality has not been upto the mark lately from what I have seen, and their X58 boards are some of the worst on the market with major issues, even after a lot of BIOS fixes. MSI video cards are on par with other offerings, but they leave a lot to be desired when it comes to motherboards.

That is a Socket 939, DDR board, which are obsolete. Not recommended, especially at the $100 price-point, where much better, current-gen boards are available.

My ASRock actually has some good OC Tools. The included software suite is pretty nice and also allows BIOS OCing. I have OC'd my 5600+ stable from 2.8 - 3.25Ghz. Not a great overclock but this chip never has OC'd extreamly well.

GO to BIOSTAR and look it GEforce6100-M9 board. I pay 100 for it + shiping too. All BIOSTAR board are tops for AMD processors BIOSTAR.COM.TW
Sounds like spam, goes to a page with another link, which chrome told me to stay away from o.o.

My friends have had good experiences with overclocking ASRocks, but I don't really know, reviews are sometimes quite negative.

Rage_3k_Moiz said:
My ASRock actually has some good OC Tools. The included software suite is pretty nice and also allows BIOS OCing. I have OC'd my 5600+ stable from 2.8 - 3.25Ghz. Not a great overclock but this chip never has OC'd extreamly well.
As I said, ASRock mobos are a perfect choice for someone who does light (or none) OCing. Their quality is pretty good for the price, which is probably a result of them being a budget offshoot of ASUS.

@supersmashbrada, the URL will take you to a suspicious-looking site if you type it without a "www." affix. www.biostar.com.tw loads perfectly fine and points to Biostar's official site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back