TechSpot

Motherboard to Sony Vaio VGN-S3XP

By micola
Jul 19, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I need to know what motherboard the Sony Vaio VGN-S3XP has and the clockchipset. I have installed SpeedFan to try to control the fan in a better way. The noise of the fan is annoying!!

Michael
  2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

sony vaios are oem boxes designed to make sony as much of a profit as possible, not to make them better computers. consequently, you arent going to control any fans without opening the box and rigging up a homebuilt control system. such action would void any warranty the unit may have had, by the way.
  3. micola

micola TS Rookie Topic Starter

True, but....

Using SpeedFan you can alter the fan speed, thus theoretically changing the frequency of the fan and changing the noise level. Therefor I need the manufacturer of the motherboard to get the right variables set

Michael
  4. rrcn

rrcn TS Rookie

Download and run Everest Home Edition.

This little program will tell you anything and everything you want to know about your computer.

If it doesn't work, you'll have to open up your tower and find the brand and model number of your board.
  5. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

many oem owners have tried this, but sadly thier attempts failed. if you can get it to work, good for you. but it's far from likely.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.