Motherboard upgrade query

I'm looking to upgrade an old system on the cheap. I don't see much point throwing much cash at this rig, before long it'll likely be retired to the attic.

This thing I'm having trouble with just now, I've been raking about ebay for a 2nd hand mobo. I'm starting to think I'm looking for something that doesn't exist.

What I'm hoping to find is desktop mobo that supports IDE, DDR3 ram, and, most importantly, has an AGP expansion slot. Processor support and socket type aren't important at all right now (though I'd be pretty exited if there's something out there that supports a 1155 i3.)

Are my chances of finding something that ticks these boxes slim, or am I just looking in the wrong places?

I'm not looking for anyone to search something specific out for me, I'm just hoping someone will be able to tell me if there are in fact boards like this out there, or if I'm wasting my time even looking.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

AGP is old tech. DDR3 is new tech. There is a few years between the two technologies. You will never find a motherboard because of these two variables alone. You might find an AGP board that supports DDR2.

If you want a board that supports DDR3 and/or LGA1155 CPU socket, you will never find support for AGP.

Back