Motherboard with USB 3.0 and SATA III only

By Classic Rock
Oct 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys,

I am interested in knowing when a motherboard that only has USB 3 and SATA III will be out. Call me greedy, but I find it frustrating that even top end motherboards at the moment only have two of each of these. Yes, it's probably all I need, but certainly not all I want. Especially if I am going to spend hundreds of dollars on a motherboard.
  2. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 911   +38

There are motherboards with SATA III only already (many come as 2 SATA II and 6 SATA III but that's close enough as far as I'm concerned lol), but having only 2 USB3 is partially in part to the controller implementation and sluggish adoption rate. Rather than having all USB3, I'd personally be much happier if I had at least 1 USB3 header (or two) so cases with USB3 available on the front panel would not have to route the cable to the back of the case (ie to the IO area)
  3. Classic Rock

Classic Rock TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 92

I'd be rather happy with that as well, : ) What motherboards were you talking about?
  4. madboyv1

If you're comfortable with Newegg, 2 intel motherboards and a gaggle of AMD motherboads are loaded with SATA III, and particularly those ASRock intel boards actually have more than 2 USB 3 (both have a USB3 header, guess that shuts ME up about how no one had them before lol).
  5. Classic Rock

Classic Rock TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 92

Unfortunately, Newegg doesn't post to Australia. Mostly I would prefer Intel Motherboards, and I really like the sound of the X58 ASRock X58 EXTREME6.

I just need to see if I can get one here in Australia.

Thanks for that.
  6. madboyv1

Ah, well at least Newegg enables your search for said motherboard. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.