Motherboard won't detect my video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy all, I just recently sorta rebuilt my older computer by getting a new motherboard in it and a new video card. I now have an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard and a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro. And the mobo won't detect my video card at all, any suggestions? Running XP btw. Thanks. :)

1.thought make that you have to enable the setting in the bios so that it will use the video card
2.thought did you install all the drivers

well try this
1.make sure its seated properly in the AGP slot.
2.try running hardware detection?
Go into Device Manager, uninstall the device, restart PC, use Add/Hardware Wizard from Control Panel use the onscreen wizrd to select the type of device.

if that doent work try this
3.try booting with the old video card, then install just a Standard VGA driver in place. Then shut down, take the old card out, put the new one in.

4.If that doesn't work go in BIOS and say "Force reset ESCD database"

5.you may need to manually configure the settings for the video card. IRQ, DMA etc.

6.you should check in the BIOS to make sure that you have teh AGP settings correct. If it supports 8X make sure thats selected, and the AGP aperature size should be around half your RAM or 128

these are a few things you could try and ill do some more resaerch and hopefully we can figure this out let me know how it goes

Well I got it so it's reading the card now, but it says it's 9700 Pro instead of 9600 Pro, the one I have. Anyone know how to get it to 9600 Pro?

if the card is working fine now i would just leave it there are may cases of your card being one type of card but comp says it another this happens
if it work dont fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back