Motherboard won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

b44g6

I just got an intel 915gux motherboard that my friend used until he got another one, the only problem he had was that the processor overheats, and he is a gamer and cant afford the lags and restarts. anyway I got it a new Graphics card ATI raedon hd3750 and installed it. the screen wont come up, and iam sure the card works because I tried it in my brother's computer. I noticed that the intel chip in the middle heats up very fast when I start it.

Attachments

• d915gux-board.jpg
    d915gux-board.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 6
Did you clean off the old thermal compound between the heatsink and CPU AND apply fresh compound sparingly?

It seems you have answered your own problem. I don't see what the image tells us... The motherboard is a known good board, but any board can fail.
There are all sorts of inexpensive ways to keep a processor cool. Have you tried any?
Use software that reports the actual temperature fluctuations and get back to us.

yes I did that, it is not the overheating that doesn't allow it to start, because there is no screen at all, usually there was screen for 2-3 mins and turnoff. could it be the it needs more powerful PWSupply?

Whether the power supply needs to be more powerful depends on what PSU you have now and what are the rest of your system components.

Power supply should make absolutely no difference.
Check all connections and sockets carefully... with a magnifying glass even... You board just may be old fashioned dead board.

And the power supply? Brand and model. Watts and amps on the 12V rail or rails.

Edit: I was only concentrating on the new power supply you were asking about but what raybay says seems likely. Unless your power supply happened to pick this moment to start failing, you have some other hardware issue.

its a cheap one called nyx, I think its 500 watt, but it works smoothly with the old sys motherboard with AMD semprom processor.

Wow, for some reason I cannot find out much about the HD3750.

What I wanted to know was if it needed more power cabled plugged into it. If it does, it might be the reason why it won't display anything. Although, usually it does display a message saying you need to.

thank u guys, it turned out that the ram I got was cracked a little, I got another one an it worked like magic :p. but there is still the overheating problem, it reaches 80C in Idle. I will try underclocking, but I am not sure if that is safe...is it?

What are you using to detect and report the temperature. We have too often found that it is a problem with the sensors or the cooling fan speed, as well as ports through which air flows. Does it quit when the temperature becomes high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back