TechSpot

Motherboards - Is USB 3.0 Available on Any?

By Kcircyrd
Dec 6, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We have been asked to build six additional computers, with the stipulation that they have USB 3.0. We know that USB 3.0 is on the way, but we were unaware that any were sold with ports for USB 3.0.
    Can anyone give us an update? Along with a recommendation of which board, if they are available. I don't find any from our vendor.
  2. ManQu

ManQu Newcomer, in training Posts: 42

3. Kcircyrd

Kcircyrd Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 316

Sorry, but those boards all show USB 2.0, not 3.0.
  4. Kcircyrd

Kcircyrd Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 316

Correction. Those motherboards found from the Google search show they are "USB ready" meaning they will work when USB 3.0 is issued... but are not sold with USB 3.0 working, unless I misread the sites you yanks use.
  5. ManQu

yup google did me proud,but the gigabyte one is usb3 as well as usb2

Seems they show as 12*usb2 then 2*usb3 .....still looks to be too new for cheap mainstream pc building.
  6. ManQu

7. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,363   +123

8. umar

umar TechSpot Member Posts: 64

Gigabyte is now started providing usb 3.0 in there latest series mobo chk them out
  9. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,036   +91

It's best not to buy a MB with usb3 yet. the prices are high, the tech is very young and the devices that support usb3 are also expensive. try waiting till summer or just buy a pci card with usb3.
  10. Row1

Row1 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 355   +8

tomshardware

tomshardware just ran a feature comparing a gigabyte mb with usb 3 and an asus mb with usb 3 - looking good.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.