Motorola announces the super-cheap Moto E, and an LTE Moto G

By Scorpus
May 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Motorola has today launched a brand new, entry-level Android handset that slots into their current line-up below the Moto G. Designed for emerging markets where featurephones and low-end handsets have a huge grip on the market, the Moto E packs...

Read more
    misor likes this.
  2. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 968   +147

Wow, I love the paper specs of moto g specially the ~4" size (because I don't like phablets)
    from my point of view, it should be a direct competition to Samsung galaxy y (2013 edition) running android 4.x, 4gb internal memory, up to 32gb expandable microsd storage, 3mp back camera.
    if Philippine price is somewhere along 4000php (~44php=1$ u.s.), I might get it to replace my aging cheap Samsung galaxy y (2009? edition) running android 2.3.6, ~180mb internal storage....
  3. It should not by any means be direct competition to the 2013 Galaxy Y. You forgot to mention the dual-core 1.2 GHz A7 CPU vs. the single-core 1.0 GHz A5 CPU, the Adreno 302 GPU vs. the Adreno 200 GPU, and (to some the most important) 960x540 glass-covered display, vs. the Y's atrocious 480x320 plastic-covered one.
    Those are definitely not in the same category. The Moto E is quite a bit above (regardless of how prices will compare).
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,714   +873

Great to see that the Moto G is becoming even more feature filled for such a low price.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.