TechSpot

Motorola announces the super-cheap Moto E, and an LTE Moto G

By Scorpus
May 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Motorola has today launched a brand new, entry-level Android handset that slots into their current line-up below the Moto G. Designed for emerging markets where featurephones and low-end handsets have a huge grip on the market, the Moto E packs...

Read more

misor likes this.
  2. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,141   +193

Wow, I love the paper specs of moto g specially the ~4" size (because I don't like phablets)
    from my point of view, it should be a direct competition to Samsung galaxy y (2013 edition) running android 4.x, 4gb internal memory, up to 32gb expandable microsd storage, 3mp back camera.
    if Philippine price is somewhere along 4000php (~44php=1$ u.s.), I might get it to replace my aging cheap Samsung galaxy y (2009? edition) running android 2.3.6, ~180mb internal storage....

3. It should not by any means be direct competition to the 2013 Galaxy Y. You forgot to mention the dual-core 1.2 GHz A7 CPU vs. the single-core 1.0 GHz A5 CPU, the Adreno 302 GPU vs. the Adreno 200 GPU, and (to some the most important) 960x540 glass-covered display, vs. the Y's atrocious 480x320 plastic-covered one.
    Those are definitely not in the same category. The Moto E is quite a bit above (regardless of how prices will compare).

4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +965

Great to see that the Moto G is becoming even more feature filled for such a low price.