TechSpot

Motorola Atrix HD 4G LTE Android Smartphone Review

By Julio Franco
Jul 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,538   +92

"The Motorola Atrix HD may not be the absolute best performer, and definitely has its quirks, but for someone looking for a smartphone in the $100 price range, it's pretty tough to beat."

Makes it sound like the phone itself can be bought for $100. I'm going to assume (through lack of other detail) that its the supplementary price paid with an AT&T contract of X amount per month. The actual cost to buy the phone sim free is obviously going to be more than $100.
  2. Ultraman1966

Ultraman1966 Newcomer, in training Posts: 72

I guess we'll be getting a MAXX edition in 3 months?... No point having a big screen without the battery power to keep going it!
  3. On my last att upgrade two years ago I got a 3G Motorola Filpside. Old OS,3inch screen, 4 buttons and huge toggle on front,any enlargement of picture and you get lost in a sea of little boxes,tons of preloaded apps,youtube only works 1/4 of the time,old processor is s-l-o-w,and battery .run out fast. I love my phone. Atrix hd will be a indy car
    instead of a vw bug. Can't wait till august 18th for upgrade. For $99 you get the phone and the car dock from att or just the phone for $49. Hands down best deal. I don't do slide presentations. I'm Just an average Joe user
  4. This is the worst phone I have ever had. I had my phone (which was a droid) before this one for 3 years. I had my Atrix for 4 months before it broke. The head phone jack randomly would work and then decide not to work. It was very inconsistent and I tried my headphones on my ipod and other phones to make sure it wasnt the headphones fault, and it wasnt. The media volume would also randomly go mute. I would go into settings and volume to change it and it still wouldnt work. They only way to make it work again would be to turn it off wait 1 hour and turn it back on again. Apps were very glitchy on this phone and would often freeze and then start up agian only to freeze 3 mintues later. When I would play music out of the speaker, it would randomly make this loud annoying noise during the middle of songs or just stop it. Also the battery life is crap. I would use it for 1 hour and it would go dead. I wouldnt use it at all and it would be dead. The alarms were very inconsistent too. One day it would go off, the next it wouldnt and like most people I dont have the time to waste on a faulty alarm making me late. I am very good at taking care of my phones and rarely drop them. I drop this phone once from 3 feet up on to carpet and it shattered! Once it shattered the camera stopped working on the front and the back. Also 2 months in, it would randomly freeze and turn off. Then yesterday it froze and turned off, so I waited about 1 hour and tried to turn it back on. But it wouldnt turn back on. So pretty much, this is a piece of crap phone that shatters like it is its job and just sucks all around. I am never buying from Motorala again because they obviously dont care about the product that they
    release to the public.
  5. You must have gotten a phone that suffered water damage or some other sort of electrical damage before you received it. I've had the Atrix HD for almost a year now and it has been flawless. The camera could be better, but that is my only complaint. Also, I don't use a case or a screen protector and the phone has been dropped on concrete and asphalt several times with hardly a mark. For $99 I feel I got a great deal.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.