Motorola Droid 2 exposed ahead of unveiling

By Matthew
Jun 10, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Assuming the folks over at Droid Life aren't pulling a fast one, then the Motorola Droid 2 has been fully undressed ahead of its official unveiling. Borrowing its looks from the first Droid, the second-gen handset is similar in style, though it's reportedly thinner and it nixes the oft-neglected directional pad in favor of larger keys, which are easier to touch than the original's flat design.

Read the whole story
  2. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 795   +8

I hope they're right about the improved keyboard. I walked into the mall the other day and went to the Verizon kiosk...picked up the original droid...typed "this is a test" and then walked away extremely unimpressed. The keypad on my BlackBerry Curve 8900 is smaller and I can type much better on it than I could on the original Droid's larger keypad. It was very frustrating. Had I actually bought it, when people visit my house, they would end up asking me why there is a cell phone sticking out of a whole my wall :p
  3. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,259   +216

I could do without the MotoBlur, but otherwise I'm very interested in this... I was nearly an early jumper onto the Droid when it first released, but the keyboard really chilled my interest - well, that and some debates and issues about how well it would work with our Exchange email system - RIM still seems to win on that front, so we all got BB 9630s when our contracts renewed.
  4. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 795   +8

Indeed...RIM still seems to be the best when it comes to the email department.
  5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,259   +41

I'm the proud owner of a rooted droid, the keyboard was new to me, but I've gotten use to it and is easy, so any improvements are a +. Still can't get enough of it though.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.