TechSpot

Motorola Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition tablets revealed

By Shawn Knight
Nov 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Motorola has officially announced two new Xoom 2 tablets, the Xoom 2 and the Xoom 2 Media Edition, both running Android 3.2 Honeycomb. The company claims the Xoom 2 is…

Read the whole story
  2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

I don't see why I would get this instead of the Transformer 2. ICS, Tegra 3 and 14+ hours battery life? That sounds like worth the wait.
  3. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 592   +45

Yep. The Xoom 2 is just a whole lotta "meh". They needed to put at least a Tegra 3 in there to be at all competitive. The Prime kills it on all fronts, especially on looks, which is half the reason why people buy things.
  4. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

If priced right... may not be meh... But of something priced the same comes out with better hardware... my inner Tim the Toolman Tyler will go "Meeerrrrr-oh!" I don't even know what is being done with my Tegra 2s now... I'm not going to be running 3D software big time on these tablets with the battery life that still is not really improving.

The only thing I'm interested in seeing the ARM heat up the desktop and laptop market next year.
  5. Ultraman1966

Ultraman1966 TS Rookie Posts: 72

Blazing fast dual core to do what exactly? It's not like people do much on tablets except browse the net and play Angry birds...
  6. This is absurd. Non-US customers of the original Xoom are still waiting for Android 3.2 (now 4 months after Motorola got the goods from Google). Why would we believe this:

“For those wondering, Motorola has now confirmed to Pocket-lint that both tablets will indeed be getting an Ice Cream Sandwich update, which should come six weeks after Motorola receives the goods from Google (although it’s not clear when that will happen).”

Non-US customers should stay clear of Motorola’s Android devices until Motorola shows that they have the will to support them. i would like to share a more about Motorola Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition now in detail here http://www.motoask.com/motorola-xoom-general-discussion-f23/motorola-xoom-2-and-xoom-2-t2383.html

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.