TechSpot

Motorola's X Phone could be an entire, user-customizable brand

By Shawn Knight
Mar 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Motorola’s long-rumored “X Phone” could actually be the codename for a larger project that would allow consumers to order custom handsets and receive them within one week’s time. In addition to basic custom features like color, ringtones, apps and storage...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,975   +908

This has a lot of potential. It could save Motorola.

3. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 803   +9

Now this........this I could get into. I would support having an online store where I can go and pick out the parts I want in a phone. And choosing a color is nice as well. I prefer my phones in all black, but sometimes, handset makers don't make a specific phone in that color (stupid Samsung Galaxy S3, that's why I went with the N4, lol).

4. SCJake

SCJake TS Rookie Posts: 80

If this happens then IMO android has finally won its battle. Apple only has people because of fanboyism and people who are already locked into its environment. Android's openness is its strongest feature, but fragmentation and no real (well known) flagship device is out there. WP8 is actually really nice for those who like it, but android has just become a machine since it's release. These XPhones would be GREAT. Ive been in the market for a new phone, but waiting on Moto's next release. Yea they might not be "Top of the Line" but the build quality is second to none.

Still rocking my Droid2 purchased on release date. This thing is a tank and I would love to see a new phone with that build quality!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.